Enter the total cost spent on the metal roofing and the total square footage of roof into the calculator to determine the metal roofing cost per square foot.
- Paint Cost Per Square Foot Calculator
- Cost Per Square Foot Calculator
- Cost Per Square Inch Calculator
- Roofing Labor Cost Per Square Calculator
- Build Cost Per Square Foot Calculator
- Sod Cost Per Square Foot Calculator
- Concrete Driveway Cost Per Square Foot Calculator
Metal Roofing Cost Per Square Foot Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the Metal Roofing Cost Per Square Foot.
MRC = TC / TA
- Where MRC is the metal roofing cost per square foot ($/ft^2)
- TC is the total cost ($)
- TA is the total area (ft^2)
To calculate the metal roofing cost per square foot, simply divide the total cost by the total area. The total cost should include labor and material costs.
What is the Metal Roofing Cost Per Square Foot?
Metal roofing cost varies greatly. You can expect to pay anywhere between $6.50 and $15.00 per square foot (or $650 to $1,500 per square) for steel shingle or standing seam panels, including installation.
A square is equivalent to 100 square feet of roof surface. Most residential steel roofs cost between $8,000 and $21,000 fully installed, depending on the size of the roof and the selected profile.
Steel shingle panels typically run $500 to $10000 per square, whereas standing seam panels typically cost about twice as much at around $900 to $2,0000 per square.
The average labor cost of installing a metal roof ranges from roughly $600 to $1,700 per square depending on local labor rates and the complexity of your roof.