Enter the total stress (Pa) and the total strain into the Modulus of Resilience Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Modulus of Resilience.
Modulus of Resilience Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Modulus of Resilience.
UR = σ * ε
- UR is the Modulus of Resilience (Pa)
- σ is the total stress (Pa)
- ε is the total strain
To calculate the modulus of resilience, multiply the total stress by the total strain.
How to Calculate Modulus of Resilience?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Modulus of Resilience.
- First, determine the total stress (Pa).
- Next, determine the total strain.
- Next, gather the formula from above = UR = σ X ε..
- Finally, calculate the Modulus of Resilience.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
total stress (Pa) = 500
total strain = .59
UR = σ X ε. = ?