Enter the initial molarity, initial volume, and final volume into the calculator to determine the final molarity from dilution.
- Dilution Factor Calculator (Dilutant to Stock Ratio)
- Dilution Calculator
- Henderson Hasselbalch Calculator
Molarity Dilution Formula
The following formula can be used to calculate the final molarity of a diluted substance.
M2 = M1*V1/V2
- Where M2 is the final molarity (moles/L)
- M1 is the initial molarity (moles/L)
- V1 is the initial volume (L)
- V2 is the final volume (L)
Molarity Dilution Definition
Molarity dilution is the process of decreasing the number of moles of a substance per volume of a solution through the process of dilution.
What is dilution?
Dilution is the decreasing of a concentration of a substance through adding a base or another substance.
Molarity Dilution Example
How to calculate a molarity dilution?
- First, determine the initial molarity.
Measure or calculate the initial molarity.
- Next, determine the initial volume.
Measure the initial volume of the solution.
- Next, determine the final volume.
Measure the final volume of solution after dilution has occurred.
- Finally, calculate the molarity.
Calculate the final molarity using the equation above.
Molarity dilution is the process of reducing the concentration of moles per unit volume of a solution of a specific substance.