Enter the total momentum and the mass into the calculator to determine the velocity.
- All Velocity Calculators
- Velocity Calculator
- Acceleration to Velocity Calculator
- Kinetic Energy to Velocity Calculator
- Force to Velocity Calculator
- Inelastic Collision Velocity Calculator
Momentum to Velocity Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the velocity from momentum.
V = p / m
- Where V is the velocity (m/s)
- p is the momentum (kg*m/s)
- m is the mass (kg)
To calculate velocity from momentum, simply divide the moment by the mass of the moving object.
How to Calculate Velocity From Momentum?
The following example outlines the steps and information needed to convert Momentum to Velocity.
First, determine the momentum. In this example, the momentum is found to be 425 kg*m/s.
Next, determine the mass. For this problem, the mass is found to be 30 kg.
Finally, calculate the velocity from momentum using the formula above:
V = p / m
V = 425 / 30
V = 14.166 m/s