Enter the national income, total consumption, and total government purchases into the calculator to determine the national savings.
- National Income Calculator
- Net Exports Calculator
- GDP Per Capita Calculator
- Disposable Income Calculator
National Savings Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the total national savings.
NS = Y-C-G
- Where NS is the national savings ($)
- Y is the national income ($)
- C is the total consumption ($)
- G is the total government purchases ($)
National Savings Definition
National savings is defined as the total national income minus the national consumption and government purchases.
National Savings Example
How to calculate national savings?
- First, determine the national income.
Calculate the total national income.
- Next, determine the consumption.
Calculate the total national consumption.
- Next, determine the government purchase.
Calculate the total government purchases value.
- Finally, calculate the national savings.
Calculate the national savings using the formula above.
National saving is the total amount of savings a countries government could achieve over a given time period. Many times governments take out loans every year and the amount they can save is negative which leads to more debt.
The united states have added to the national debt every year for the past 4 years, so there have been no national savings. This is due to high government purchases/spending.