Enter the total fund assets, fund liabilities, and outstanding shares into the calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the net asset value.
- Asset Turnover Ratio Calculator
- Debt to Asset Ratio Calculator
- Return on Assets Calculator (ROA)
- Net Fixed Assets Calculator
- Net Open Position Calculator
Net Asset Value Formula
The following equation is used to calculate a net asset value.
NAV = (A – L)/ S
- Where NAV is the net asset value
- A is the fund assets
- L is the fund liabilities
- S is the outstanding shares
Net Asset Value Definition
A net asset value is a measure of the actual value of a specific mutual fund. Since mutual funds are collections of many stocks, it takes the total assets and liabilities of those stocks and divides them by the total shares for an average net asset value per share.
Net Asset Value Example
How to calculate a net asset value?
- First, determine the fund assets.
Calculate the total assets of the fund.
- Next, determine the total liabilities.
Calculate the total liabilities of the fund
- Next, determine the outstanding shares.
Calculate the total outstanding shares.
- Finally, calculate the net asset value.
Use the equation above to calculate the net asset value.
A net asset value is a measure of the value of a specific fund based on the total assets and liabilities of the companies in that fund.