Enter the downtick volume and the uptick volume into the Net Volume Calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the Net Volume.
- All Volume Calculators
- Commodity Profit Calculator
- Stock Average Cost Calculator
- Stock Yield Calculator
Net Volume Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Net Volume.
NV = DV - UV
- Where NV is the Net Volume (volume)
- DV is the downtick volume
- UV is the uptick volume
To calculate the net volume, subtract the uptick volume from the downtick volume.
How to Calculate Net Volume?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Net Volume.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the downtick volume.
- The downtick volume is given as: 40.
- Next, determine the uptick volume.
- The uptick volume is provided as: 20.
- Finally, calculate the Net Volume using the equation above:
NV = DV – UV
The values given above are inserted into the equation below:
NV = 40 – 20 = 20 (volume)
Example Problem #2:
The variables needed for this problem are provided below:
downtick volume = 30
uptick volume = 60
Entering these values and solving gives:
NV = 30 – 60 = -30 (volume)