Enter the total number of hits, walks, times hit by pitch, at-bats, and sacrifice flies into the calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the true on-base percentage.
- Fielding Percentage Calculator
- ERA Calculator (Earned Run Average)
- Win Percentage Calculator
- Strike Rate Calculator
- Volleyball Passing Percentage Calculator
- Bat Speed to Exit Velocity Calculator
On Base Percentage Formula
The following equation is used to calculate a true on-base percentage.
OB% = (H + W + HBP) / (AB + W + HBP + SF)
- Where OB% is the on-base percentage
- H is the total number of hits
- w is the total number of walks
- AB is the number of at-bats
- HBP is the total number of hits by pitch
- SF is a sacrifice fly
What is on base percentage?
On-base percentage is a measure of a batter’s efficiency in getting on base when up to bat. Often this is represented in a decimal form or ratio, but can also be represented as a percentage. The higher the OB% the better the baseball player is likely to be.