Enter the final velocity, the initial velocity, and the time interval, into the calculator to determine the Particle Acceleration.
- All Acceleration Calculators
- Acceleration in the Electric Field Calculator
- Particles Velocity Calculator (Gas)
- Thermal Velocity Calculator
Particle Acceleration Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the Particle Acceleration.
PA = (v-u)/t
PA = F/m
- Where PA is the Particle Acceleration (m/s^2)
- v is the final velocity (m/s)
- u is the initial velocity (m/s)
- t is the time interval (s)
- F is the force (N)
- m is the particle mass (kg)
What are the units for Particle Acceleration?
In the International System of Units, also known as SI units, the units for Particle Acceleration are m/s^2.
How to Calculate Particle Acceleration?
The following example problem outlines the steps and information needed to calculate the Particle Acceleration.
First, determine the final velocity. In this example, the final velocity is calculated or measured to be 50 (m/s).
Next, determine the initial velocity. For this problem, the initial velocity is determined to be 20 (m/s).
Next, determine the time interval. In this case, the time interval is found to be 5 (s).
Finally, calculate the Particle Acceleration using the formula above:
PA = (v-u)/t
Inserting the values from above and solving the equation with the imputed values gives:
PA = (50-20)/5 = 6 (m/s^2)