Enter the patio vertical drop and the patio width into the Patio Fall Ratio Calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the Patio Fall Ratio.
- All Ratio Calculators
- Paver Patio Cost Per Square Foot Calculator
- Deck Slope Calculator
- Land Slope Calculator
Patio Fall Ratio Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Patio Fall Ratio.
PATR = D / W
- Where PATR is the Patio Fall Ratio
- D is the patio vertical drop
- W is the patio width
To calculate a patio fall ratio, divide the patio vertical drop by the patio width.
How to Calculate Patio Fall Ratio?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Patio Fall Ratio.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the patio vertical drop .
- The patio vertical drop is given as: 5.
- Next, determine the patio width.
- The patio width is provided as: 150.
- Finally, calculate the Patio Fall Ratio using the equation above:
PATR = D / W
The values given above are inserted into the equation below and the solution is calculated:
PATR = 5 / 150 = .033 = 3.33%
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
patio vertical drop = 6
patio width = 200
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator above.
PATR = D / W = ?