Enter the total sales revenue and the sales of the item being analyzed into the calculator. The calculator will display the percent of sales the item is attributing to the total.
- Maximum Revenue Calculator
- Net Profit Margin Calculator
- Return on Sales Calculator
- Net Sales Revenue Calculator
Percent of Sales Calculator
The following formula is used to calculate the percentage of sales that come from a given item.
% S = SI / TS *100
- Where % S is the percent of sales
- SI is the sales of the item in question
- TS is the total sales.
Percent of Sales Definition
A percent of sales is a measure of the ratio of the total sales of an individual item to the total sales of all items of a business or division.
Percent of Sales Example
How to calculate percent of sales
- First, determine the total sales from a single item.
This is the item you are analyzing and will calculate the percentage of sales.
- Next, determine your total sales.
This will be the total sales of all items sold by your business.
- Finally, calculate the percent of sales.
Using the total sales and sales of the item, calculate the percentage of sales with the formula above.
A percent of sales is a measure of how much of your total sales comes from a certain item.
That entirely depends on how many items your business sells. In general the more diversified the better, so your percent of sales should below.