Enter the coordinate points of two different points into the calculator to determine the perpendicular bisector through those points.
- Perpendicular Line Calculator
- Parallel Line Calculator
- Distance Between Points Calculator
- Distance Between 3 Points Calculator
Perpendicular Bisector Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the perpendicular bisector through two points.
Y-Y1 = m*(x-X1)
- Where m is the slope = (Y2-Y1)/(X2-X1)
- Y2 and Y1 are the two y coordinates
- X2 and X1 are the two x coordinates
Perpendicular Bisector Definition
A perpendicular bisector is a line that connects two points and is also perpendicular to the lines of those points.
Perpendicular Bisector Example
How to calculate the perpendicular bisector
- First, determine the coordinate points
Measure or calculate the coordinate points in the x and y plane.
- Next, calculate the slope
Calculate the slope (m) using the formula (y2-y1)/(x2-x1).
- Finally, calculate the perpendicular bisector
Calculate the equation of the line of the perpendicular bisector using the formula above.
A perpendicular bisector is a line perpendicular to the line that connects two points and also intersects that same line.
The slope of the perpendicular line is given using the formula above.