Enter the total pH value into the pOH Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the pOH. This calculator can also determine the pH given the pOH.
- Acid Dissociation Constant Calculator
- Neutralization Reaction Calculator
- Buffer Capacity Calculator + Formula
- pKa Calculator
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the pOH.
pOH = 14 - pH
pH = 14 - pOH
- pOH is the pOH
- pH is the total pH value
To calculate pOH, simply subtract the pH value from 14.
How to Calculate pOH?
The following steps outline how to calculate the pOH.
- First, determine the total pH value.
- Next, gather the formula from above = pOH = 14 – pH.
- Finally, calculate the pOH.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
the total pH value = 8
pOH = 14 – pH = ?