Enter the total PPI along the length and the total PPI along the height to calculate the pixel density.
Pixel Density Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the pixel density of a screen.
PD = PPIw * PPIh
- Where PD is the pixel density in pixels per square inch
- PPIw is the pixels per inch along the width
- PPIh is the pixel per inche along the height
Pixel Density Definition
A pixel density is defined as the the total number of pixels per square inch of a screen. It can also be defined as the number of pixels per square mm or any other unit of length, but inch is the most common.
Pixel Density Example
How to calculate a pixel density?
- First, determine the PPI along the width.
Using the calculator linked above or a formula, determine the PPI along the width.
- Next, determine the PPI along the height.
Using the same method calculate the pixels per inch along the height.
- Finally, calculate the pixel density.
Calculate the pixel density using the formula above.
Pixel density is a determine used to described the amount of pixels per unit of area.