Enter the total system power (watts) and the number of pixels into the Pixel Power Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Pixel Power.
Pixel Power Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Pixel Power.
PP = TP / P
- PP is the Pixel Power (watts/pixel)
- TP is the total system power (watts)
- #P is the number of pixels
To calculate the pixel power, divide the total system power by the number of pixels.
How to Calculate Pixel Power?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Pixel Power.
- First, determine the total system power (watts).
- Next, determine the number of pixels.
- Next, gather the formula from above = PP = TP / #P.
- Finally, calculate the Pixel Power.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
total system power (watts) = 150
number of pixels = 1080
PP = TP / #P = ?