Enter the polar angle (degrees) and the polar radius into the Polar Area Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Polar Area.
- All Area Calculators
- Polar Distance Calculator
- Polar Coordinates Calculator
- Rotation Calculator (new coordinates by rotation)
Polar Area Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Polar Area.
PA = 1/2 * (a/57.2958) * r^2
- Where PA is the Polar Area
- a is the polar angle (degrees)
- r is the polar radius
How to Calculate Polar Area?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Polar Area.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the polar angle (degrees).
- The polar angle (degrees) is given as: 30.
- Next, determine the polar radius.
- The polar radius is provided as: 5.
- Finally, calculate the Polar Area using the equation above:
PA = 1/2 * a * r^2
The values provided above are inserted into the equation below and computed.
PA = 1/2 * (30/57.2958) * 5^2 = 6.54
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
polar angle (degrees) = 6
polar radius = 30
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator.
PA = 1/2 * a * r^2 = ?