Enter the pond length (ft) and the pond width (ft) into the Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Pond Aeration.
Pond Aeration Formula
PA = L * W / 43,560 * 1.5
- PA is the Pond Aeration (Horsepower of aeration needed)
- L is the pond length (ft)
- W is the pond width (ft)
To calculate Pond Aeration, multiply the pond length and width, divide by 43,560, then multiply by 1.5.
How to Calculate Pond Aeration?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Pond Aeration.
- First, determine the pond length (ft).
- Next, determine the pond width (ft).
- Next, gather the formula from above = PA = L * W / 43,560 * 1.5.
- Finally, calculate the Pond Aeration.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
pond length (ft) = 500
pond width (ft) = 300