Enter the total change in work (J) and the time (seconds) into the calculator to determine the Power.
- All Electrical Calculators
- Output Power Calculator
- Centrifugal Compressor Power Calculator
- BLDC Motor Power Calculator
The following formula is used to calculate the Power.
P = dW / dT
- Where P is the Power (watts)
- dW is the total change in work (J)
- dT is the time (seconds)
How to Calculate Power?
The following two example problems outline how to calculate the Power.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the total change in work (J). In this example, the total change in work (J) is measured to be 400.
- Next, determine the time (seconds). For this problem, the time (seconds) is calculated to be 30.
- Finally, calculate the Power using the formula above:
P = dW / dT
Inserting the values from above and solving the equation with the imputed values gives:
P = 400 / 30 = 13.33 (watts)
Example Problem #2:
Using the same process as example problem 1, we first define the variables outlined by the formula. In this case, the values are:
total change in work (J) = 120
time (seconds) = 40
Entering these values into the formula or calculator above gives us::
P = 120 / 40 = 30 (watts)