Enter the total number of pixels and the pixels per inch (PPI) into the Distance From PPI Calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the Distance From PPI.
Distance From PPI Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Distance From PPI.
Dppi = P / PPI
- Where Dppi is the Distance From PPI (in)
- #P is the total number of pixels
- PPI is the pixels per inch (PPI)
To calculate the distance from PPI, divide the number of pixels by the PPI.
How to Calculate Distance From PPI?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Distance From PPI.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the total number of pixels.
- The total number of pixels is given as: 1500.
- Next, determine the pixels per inch (PPI).
- The pixels per inch (PPI) is provided as: 30.
- Finally, calculate the Distance From PPI using the equation above:
Dppi = #P / PPI
The values given above are inserted into the equation below and the solution is calculated:
Dppi = 1500 / 30 = 50 (in)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables needed are provided below:
total number of pixels = 1000
pixels per inch (PPI) = 20
This example problem is a test of your knowledge on the subject. Use the calculator above to check your answer.
Dppi = #P / PPI = ?