Enter the total cost of the prime rib and the total weight purchased into the calculator to determine the prime rib cost per pound.
- Shipping Cost Per Pound Calculator
- Average Groceries Cost Per Month Calculator
- Food Cost Percentage Calculator
- Turkey Cost Per Pound Calculator
- Cost Per Egg Calculator
Prime Rib Cost Per Pound Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the Prime Rib Cost Per Pound.
PRCP = PRC / W
- Where PRCP is the prime rib cost per pound ($/lb)
- PRC is the prime rib cost ($)
- W is the weight of prime rib purchased (lbs)
What is the Average Prime Rib Cost Per Pound?
The average price of untrimmed prime rib is $17.99 per pound.
Prime rib is one of the most expensive cuts of meat due to its flavor, tenderness, and popularity. The cost per pound is determined by the weight of the roast, the type of prime rib, and where it’s purchased.
Some prime rib roasts are sold boneless and others are sold with the attached bones. The boneless variety is easier to carve but less flavorful than the bone-in version because some of the flavor comes from cooking with the bones intact.
The USDA grades meat as a prime, choice, or select, based on marbling and quality. Prime grade meat has the most intramuscular fat, making it more tender and flavorful.