Enter the total GDP, total taxes, and total consumption into the calculator to calculate the private savings.
- National Savings Calculator
- GDP Calculator (Gross Domestic Product)
- High Yield Savings Account Calculator
Private Savings Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the private savings of a country.
S = GDP – T – C
- Where S is the private citizens savings
- GDP is the total gross domestic product
- T is the total tax collected by the government
- C is the total consumption by individuals
Private savings is the maximum amount of savings all of the private individuals of a country can save. In essence it’s the total GDP minus the total taxes and total consumption, which makes logical sense. How much any individual can save is equal to their income minus taxes and spending.
Private Savings Example
How to calculate private savings?
- First, determine the total GDP.
Using available data, determine the total GDP of a given country.
- Next, determine the total taxes.
Calculate the total taxes collected by the government of the same country.
- Next, determine the total consumption.
Calculate the total consumption of all citizens the country.
- Finally, calculate the private savings.
Calculate the private savings by subtracting the taxes and consumption from the GDP.
|private savings calculator|
|private savings formula|
|how to calculate private savings|
|how to calculate private saving|
|how to calculate private savings in a closed economy|
|calculate the equilibrium real interest rate investment and private saving|
|how do you calculate private savings|
|how to calculate private savings macroeconomics|