Enter the overall length (in) and the ball diameter (in) into the Pushrod Length Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Pushrod Length.
Pushrod Length Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Pushrod Length.
PR= OL - BD/2
- Where PR is the Pushrod Length (inches)
- OL is the overall length (in)
- BD is the ball diameter (in)
To calculate a pushrod length, subtract half of the ball diameter from the overall length.
How to Calculate Pushrod Length?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Pushrod Length.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the overall length (in).
- The overall length (in) is given as: 5.
- Next, determine the ball diameter (in).
- The ball diameter (in) is provided as: 2.
- Finally, calculate the Pushrod Length using the equation above:
PUSH= OL – BD/2
The values provided above are inserted into the equation below and computed.
PUSH= 5 -2 /2 = 4.00 (inches)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
overall length (in) = 6
ball diameter (in) = 3
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator..
PUSH= OL – BD/2 = ?