Enter the length and width of the area the rain fell in and the total inches of rain to determine the total rain volume.
- All Volume Calculators
- Rain Load Calculator
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator
- Grain Bin Capacity Calculator
- Average Rainfall Intensity Calculator
Rain Volume Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the Rain Volume.
RV = L * W * RH /231
- Where RV is the rain volume (gallons)
- L is the length of the area the rain fell in (in)
- W is the width of the area the rain fell in (in)
- RH is the rain height that fell (in)
What is Rain Volume?
The volume measurement (or quantity) of rain or other precipitation that has fallen and accumulated on the ground or over a specified area in a given period of time.
How to Calculate Rain Volume?
To calculate rain volume multiply the length of the area by the width of the area, then, multiply by the rain height. This provides the rain volume in in^3. To convert into gallons of water, divide the result by 231.