Enter the cumulative oil and the original oil in place into the Recovery Factor Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Recovery Factor.
Recovery Factor Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Recovery Factor.
RF = CO / OO
- RF is the Recovery Factor ( )
- CO is the cumulative oil
- OO is the original oil in place
How to Calculate Recovery Factor?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Recovery Factor.
- First, determine the cumulative oil.
- Next, determine the original oil in place.
- Next, gather the formula from above = RF = CO / OO .
- Finally, calculate the Recovery Factor.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
cumulative oil = 300
original oil in place = 450
RF = CO / OO = ?