Enter the initial and final values of a data or indicator into the calculator to determine the relative change as a percentage.
- Relative Error Calculator
- Rate of Change Calculator
- Percent Decrease Calculator
- Net Change Calculator
- RPD (Relative Percent Difference) Calculator
Relative Change Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the relative change of a value.
R = (B-A) / B * 100
- Where R is the relative change of B with respect to A (%)
- B is the final value
- A is the initial value
Relative Change Definition
Relative change is a measure of change of one value with respect to another value. Often times it’s presented as a percentage, but can also be a simple ratio.
Relative Change Example
How to calculate relative change?
- First, determine the final value.
Calculate the final value B.
- Next, determine the initial value.
Calculate the initial value A.
- Finally, calculate the relative change.
Calculate the relative change of B with respect to A.
Relative change is the relative change of one value to another.