Enter the total equity in the home ($) into the Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Release Equity.
Release Equity Formula
RE = TE * .85
- RE is the Release Equity ($)
- TE is the total equity in the home ($)
To calculate Release Equity, multiply the total home equity by .85.
How to Calculate Release Equity?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Release Equity.
- First, determine the total equity in the home ($).
- Next, gather the formula from above = RE = TE * .85.
- Finally, calculate the Release Equity.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
total equity in the home ($) = 50,000