Enter the source voltage and resistances of two resistors into the calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the voltage output of the circuit.
- Current Divider Calculator
- Voltage Divider Calculator
- Capacitive Reactance Calculator
- LED Resistor Calculator
Resistor Divider Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the output voltage of a circuit with two resistors.
Vo= Vs * R2 / (R1 + R2)
- Where Vo is the output voltage
- Vs is the voltage source
- R1 and R2 are the resistances of the resistors.
Resistor Divider Definition
A resistor divider is a type of circuit with two resistors that changes the output voltage of a given source voltage. Its main use is to reduce voltage output.
Resistor Divider Example
How to calculate output voltage of a resistor divider?
- First, determine the source voltage.
Measure the voltage of the source.
- Next, measure the resistances.
Measure each of the individual resistances.
- Finally, calculate the output voltage.
Calculate the output voltage using the resistor divider equation above.
A resistor divider is a particular type of circuit that divides an input voltage into two equal output voltages.