Enter the magnitude and direction of up to 5 different acceleration vectors into the calculator to determine the resultant acceleration.
- All Acceleration Calculators
- Net Velocity Calculator
- Net Force Calculator
- Vector Acceleration Calculator
- Net Acceleration Calculator
Resultant Acceleration Formula
The following formula is used to calculate a resultant acceleration.
Ax = A1*cos(a1) + A2*cos(a2) + …
Ay = A1*sin(a1) +A2*sin(a2) +…
Amag = SQRT(Vx^2 + Vy^2)
- Where Ax is the resultant x-acceleration
- Ay is the resultant y-acceleration
- A1 – A5 are the individual accelerations
- a1 – a5 are the angle of the accelerations