Enter the current savings ($), the contribution amount ($), and the contribution frequency into the Reverse Savings Calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the initial savings amount.
- All Reverse Calculators
- Reverse Volume Calculator
- Reverse Average Calculator
- Reverse Annuity Calculator
Reverse Savings Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Reverse Savings.
IS = S – C*F
- Where IS is the Initial Savings ($)
- S is the current savings ($)
- C is the contribution amount ($)
- F is the contribution frequency
How to Calculate Reverse Savings?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Reverse Savings.
Example Problem #1
- First, determine the current savings ($).
- The current savings ($) is calculated to be : 10,000.
- Next, determine the contribution amount ($).
- The contribution amount ($) is measured to be: 500.
- Next, determine the contribution frequency.
- The contribution frequency is found to be: 10.
- Finally, calculate the Reverse Savings using the formula above:
IS = S – C*F
The values given above are inserted into the equation below and the solution is calculated:
IS = 10,000 – 500*10 = 5,000.00 ($)
Example Problem #2
The variables required for this problem are provided below:
current savings ($) = 6000
contribution amount ($) = 100
contribution frequency = 3
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator above.IS = S – C*F = ($)