Enter the slope run and the slope rise into the Reverse Slope Calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the Reverse Slope.
- All Reverse Calculators
- Inverse Slope Calculator
- Inverse Ratio Calculator
- Reverse Area Calculator
- Reverse Volume Calculator
Reverse Slope Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Reverse Slope.
RSL = X / Y
- Where RSL is the Reverse Slope (run/rise)
- X is the slope run
- Y is the slope rise
To calculate a reverse slope, divide the slope run by the slope rise.
How to Calculate Reverse Slope?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Reverse Slope.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the slope run.
- The slope run is given as: 50.
- Next, determine the slope rise.
- The slope rise is provided as: 30.
- Finally, calculate the Reverse Slope using the equation above:
RSL = X / Y
The values given above are inserted into the equation below and the solution is calculated:
RSL = 50 / 30 = 1.667 (run/rise)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
slope run = 60
slope rise = 20
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator above.
RSL = X / Y = ?