Enter the resolution and PPI into the calculator to convert between resolution and scale.
- Resolution Calculator
- DPI Calculator (PPI)
- Pixels to Inches Calculator
- eDPI Calculator
- Megapixel Calculator
Scale Resolution Formula
The following formula is used to convert a resolution to a scale.
Scale = 1: (R * PPI)
- Where R is the resolution (inches)
- PPI is the pixels per inch
- The scale is the ratio 1: X
Scale vs resolution? A resolution is a measure of the total size that one pixel represents. For example, a satellite image in a resolution could be 1,000 inches per pixel.
How to convert resolution to scale?
- First, determine the resolution.
For this example, the resolution is 2 inch.
- Next, determine the PPI.
The PPI in this problem is 20 pixels per inch.
- Finally, calculate the scale.
The scale is then found to be 1:40.