Enter the resistance of up to 5 resistors in series into the calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the equivalent resistance.
- Resistor Divider Calculator
- Resistivity Calculator
- Capacitors in Series Calculator
- Parallel Resistance Calculator
Series Resistance Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the equivalent resistance of a set of resistors in series.
R = r1 + r2 + r3 … rx
- Where R is the equivalent resistance
- r1,r2, etc are the individual resistances of the components in series.
Series Resistance Definition
Series resistance is defined as 2 or more components in a circuit that have resistance and are aligned in series.
Series Resistance Example
How to calculate series resistance?
- First, determine the individual resistances.
Measure the individual resistances of each component.
- Next, determine the equivalent resistance.
Sum all of the resistances together to yield the equivalent resistance.
A resistance is a force against the flow of electricity. In other words, electronic components resist the flow of electricity.
A series is a type of electrical setup that has components in sequential order connected by one wire.