Enter the value of the first unit and the value of the second unit into the Simple Ratio Calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the Simple Ratio.
- All Ratio Calculators
- Return on Investment Ratio Calculator
- Price to Sales Ratio Calculator
- Wages to Sales Ratio Calculator
Simple Ratio Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Simple Ratio.
SR = V1 / V2
- Where SR is the Simple Ratio (V1:1)
- V1 is the value of the first unit
- V2 is the value of the second unit
How to Calculate Simple Ratio?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Simple Ratio.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the value of the first unit.
- The value of the first unit is given as: 4.
- Next, determine the value of the second unit.
- The value of the second unit is provided as: 5.
- Finally, calculate the Simple Ratio using the equation above:
SR = V1 / V2
The values given above are inserted into the equation below and the solution is calculated:
SR = 4 / 5 = .8 : 1
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
value of the first unit = 8
value of the second unit = 9
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator above.
SR = V1 / V2 = ?