Enter the total cost of the sod and the total area covered into the calculator to determine the sod cost per square foot.
- Build Cost Per Square Foot Calculator
- Metal Roofing Cost Per Square Foot Calculator
- Cost Per Square Foot Calculator
- Soil Stockpile Volume Calculator
- Pole Barn Cost Per Square Foot Calculator
Sod Cost Per Square Foot Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the Sod Cost Per Square Foot.
SC = TSC / SA
- Where SC is the sod cost per square foot ($/ft^2)
- TSC is the cost of the sod ($)
- SA is the total area of sod (ft^2)
To calculate the sod cost per square foot, simply divide the cost of the sod by the area of the sod.
What is the Cost of Sod Per Square Foot?
The cost of sod per square foot is $0.35 to $1.10 for sod rolls, or $2.10 to $4.20 per square foot for pre-cut sods.
The price depends on the type of grass and the quality, the time of year, and where it’s purchased from.
The cost to install sod may be included in the price of the sod if it is purchased through a landscaping company or nursery, but the cost will likely depend on how large the area is that you need to be covered with sod.
The first step in estimating your total cost is to measure your yard. Some sod companies will do this for you for free or for a small fee, but you can easily do it yourself by following these steps:
Measure your yard’s length and width (in feet).
Multiply these numbers together to get the total area (ft^2).
Finally, multiply the average cost of sod by your yards area.