Enter the total number of cells and the voltage per cell (volts/cell) into the calculator to determine the Solar Panel Voltage.
- All Electrical Calculators
- Solar Panel Efficiency Calculator
- Solar Energy Calculator
- Solar Power Density Calculator
Solar Panel Voltage Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Solar Panel Voltage.
Vsp = C * Vpc
- Where Vsp is the Solar Panel Voltage (volts)
- C is the total number of cells
- Vpc is the voltage per cell (volts/cell)
To calculate the solar panel voltage, multiply the number of cells by the voltage per cell.
How to Calculate Solar Panel Voltage?
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed in order to calculate the Solar Panel Voltage.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the total number of cells. In this example, the total number of cells is measured to be 100.
- Next, determine the voltage per cell (volts/cell). For this problem, the voltage per cell (volts/cell) is calculated to be .45.
- Finally, calculate the Solar Panel Voltage using the formula above:
Vsp = #C * Vpc
Inserting the values from above into the equation yields:
Vsp = 100 * .45 = 45 (volts)
Example Problem #2:
Using the same process as the first example, define the variables outlined by the formula. In this case, these values are:
total number of cells = 50
voltage per cell (volts/cell) = .35
Entering these values into the formula or calculator above gives us::
Vsp =50 * .35 = 17.5 (volts)