Enter the weight (lbs) and the volume (ft^3) into the Specific Weight Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Specific Weight.
- All Weight Calculators
- Specific Volume to Density Calculator
- Specific Gravity Calculator
- Specific Gravity To Volume Calculator
Specific Weight Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Specific Weight.
SPW = W / V
- SPW is the Specific Weight (lbs/ft^3)
- W is the weight (lbs)
- V is the volume (ft^3)
How to Calculate Specific Weight?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Specific Weight.
- First, determine the weight (lbs).
- Next, determine the volume (ft^3).
- Next, gather the formula from above = SPW = W / V.
- Finally, calculate the Specific Weight.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
weight (lbs) = 10
volume (ft^3) = 3
SPW = W / V = ?