Enter the spring rate (N/m) and the displacement (m) into the calculator to determine the Spring Work.
- All Physics Work Calculators
- Torsion Bar Spring Energy Calculator
- Spring Constant Calculator (F=-kx)
- Pressure Volume Work Calculator
- Rate of Work Calculator
- Electrical Work Calculator
- Force to Work Calculator
Spring Work Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Spring Work.
Ws = k * x^2
- Where Ws is the Spring Work (Joules (N-m/s))
- k is the spring rate (N/m)
- x is the displacement (m)
How to Calculate Spring Work?
The following two example problems outline how to calculate the Spring Work.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the spring rate (N/m). In this example, the spring rate (N/m) is given as 4.
- Next, determine the displacement (m). For this problem, the displacement (m) is given as 12.
- Finally, calculate the Spring Work using the equation above:
Ws = k * x^2
Inserting the values from above and solving the equation with the imputed values gives:
Ws = 4 * 12^2 = 576 (Joules (N-m/s))
Example Problem #2:
Using the same process as above, first define the variables required by the formula. In this case, these values are:
spring rate (N/m) = 5
displacement (m) = 60
Entering these values yields:
Ws = k * x^2 = 18,000 (Joules (N-m/s))