Enter the average stride length (in) and the total number of steps into the Steps to Distance Calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the Steps to Distance.
- All Distance Calculators
- Steps to Miles Calculator
- Steps to Calories Calculator
- Stride Length Calculator
- Treadmill Distance Calculator
Steps to Distance Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Steps to Distance.
Dsteps = SL * S
- Where Dsteps is the Steps to Distance (in)
- SL is the average stride length (in)
- #S is the total number of steps
To calculate the distance from steps, multiply the stride length by the number of steps.
How to Calculate Steps to Distance?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Steps to Distance.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the average stride length (in).
- The average stride length (in) is given as: 6.
- Next, determine the total number of steps .
- The total number of steps is provided as: 1,500.
- Finally, calculate the Steps to Distance using the equation above:
Dsteps = SL * #S
The values given above are inserted into the equation below and the solution is calculated:
Dsteps = 6 * 1500 = 9,000 (in)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables needed are provided below:
average stride length (in) = 7
total number of steps = 1,800
This example problem is a test of your knowledge on the subject. Use the calculator above to check your answer.
Dsteps = SL * #S = ?