Enter the total kinetic energy (J) and the stopping time (s) into the calculator to determine the Stopping Power.
- All Electrical Calculators
- Stopping Distance Calculator
- Bullet Force Calculator
- Impact Energy Calculator
Stopping Power Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Stopping Power.
Ps = KE / T
- Where Ps is the Stopping Power (watts)
- KE is the total kinetic energy (J)
- T is the stopping time (s)
How to Calculate Stopping Power?
The following two example problems outline how to calculate the Stopping Power.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the total kinetic energy (J). In this example, the total kinetic energy (J) is measured to be 534.
- Next, determine the stopping time (s). For this problem, the stopping time (s) is calculated to be 4.
- Finally, calculate the Stopping Power using the formula above:
Ps = KE / T
Inserting the values from above and solving the equation with the imputed values gives:
Ps = 534 / 4 = 133.5 (watts)
Example Problem #2:
Using the same process as example problem 1, we first define the variables outlined by the formula. In this case, the values are:
total kinetic energy (J) = 5000
stopping time (s) = 10
Entering these values into the formula or calculator above gives us::
Ps = 5000 / 10 = 500 (watts)