Enter the total kinetic energy (J) and the stopping time (s) into the calculator to determine the Stopping Power.
- All Electrical Calculators
- Stopping Distance Calculator
- Bullet Force Calculator
- Impact Energy Calculator
Stopping Power Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Stopping Power.
Ps = KE / T
- Where Ps is the Stopping Power (watts)
- KE is the total kinetic energy (J)
- T is the stopping time (s)
To calculate the stopping power, divide the total kinetic energy by the stopping time.
How to Calculate Stopping Power?
The following two example problems outline how to calculate the Stopping Power.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the total kinetic energy (J). In this example, the total kinetic energy (J) is measured to be 534.
- Next, determine the stopping time (s). For this problem, the stopping time (s) is calculated to be 4.
- Finally, calculate the Stopping Power using the formula above:
Ps = KE / T
Inserting the values from above and solving the equation with the imputed values gives:
Ps = 534 / 4 = 133.5 (watts)
Example Problem #2:
Using the same process as example problem 1, we first define the variables outlined by the formula. In this case, the values are:
total kinetic energy (J) = 5000
stopping time (s) = 10
Entering these values into the formula or calculator above gives us::
Ps = 5000 / 10 = 500 (watts)