Enter the total array capacity, the gained capacity, and the lost capacity into the Storage Efficiency Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Storage Efficiency.
Storage Efficiency Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Storage Efficiency.
SE = (TAC + GC – LC )/ TAC * 100
- SE is the Storage Efficiency (%)
- TAC is the total array capacity
- GC is the gained capacity
- LC is the lost capacity
How to Calculate Storage Efficiency?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Storage Efficiency.
- First, determine the total array capacity.
- Next, determine the gained capacity.
- Next, determine the lost capacity.
- Next, gather the formula from above = SE = (TAC + GC – LC )/ TAC * 100.
- Finally, calculate the Storage Efficiency.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
total array capacity = 500
gained capacity = 30
lost capacity = 400
SE = (TAC + GC – LC )/ TAC * 100 = ?