Enter the total swimming time (min) and select your swimming intensity. The calculator will evaluate the Swimming Weight Loss.
- All Weight Calculators
- METS (Metabolic Equivalent) Calculator
- Swim Pace Calculator
- Hiking Weight Loss Calculator
Swimming Weight Loss Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Swimming Weight Loss.
SWL = ST / 60 * I * 490 / 3,500
- SWL is the Swimming Weight Loss (pounds of weight loss)
- ST is the total swimming time (min)
- I is your swimming intensity
How to Calculate Swimming Weight Loss?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Swimming Weight Loss.
- First, determine the total swimming time (min).
- Next, determine your swimming intensity.
- Next, gather the formula from above = SWL = ST / 60 * I * 490 / 3,500.
- Finally, calculate the Swimming Weight Loss.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
total swimming time (min) = 30
your swimming intensity = 1.5
SWL = ST / 60 * I * 490 / 3,500 = ?