Enter the ground run (ft) and the distance to reach 50 vertical feet (ft) into the Takeoff Distance Calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the Takeoff Distance.
- All Distance Calculators
- Takeoff Velocity Calculator
- Zero Fuel Weight Calculator
- Slope Distance Calculator
- Free Fall Distance Calculator
Takeoff Distance Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Takeoff Distance.
TD = GR + D50
- Where TD is the Takeoff Distance (FT)
- gr is the ground run (ft)
- D50 is the distance to reach 50 vertical feet (ft)
How to Calculate Takeoff Distance?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Takeoff Distance.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the ground run (ft).
- The ground run (ft) is given as: 1000.
- Next, determine the distance to reach 50 vertical feet (ft).
- The distance to reach 50 vertical feet (ft) is provided as: 70.
- Finally, calculate the Takeoff Distance using the equation above:
TD = GR + D50
The values given above are inserted into the equation below and the solution is calculated:
TD = 1000 + 70 = 1,070 (FT)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables needed are provided below:
ground run (ft) = 500
distance to reach 50 vertical feet (ft) = 80
This example problem is a test of your knowledge on the subject. Use the calculator above to check your answer.
TD = GR + D50 = ?