Enter the total cost of the tow ($) and the miles towed into the Tow Rate Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Tow Rate.
- All Rate Calculators
- Towing Cost Per Mile Calculator
- Towing Force Calculator
- Weekly Benefit Rate Calculator
Tow Rate Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Tow Rate.
TR = C / M
- Where TR is the Tow Rate ($/mile)
- C is the total cost of the tow ($)
- M is the miles towed
How to Calculate Tow Rate?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Tow Rate.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the total cost of the tow ($).
- The total cost of the tow ($) is given as: 500.
- Next, determine the miles towed.
- The miles towed is provided as: 20.
- Finally, calculate the Tow Rate using the equation above:
TR = C / M
The values provided above are inserted into the equation below and computed.
TR = 500 / 20 = 25 ($/mile)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
total cost of the tow ($) = 600
miles towed = 10
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator..
TR = C / M = ?