Enter the number of trusses, cost per truss, labor cost, and time of work into the calculator to determine the total trusses cost.
- All Cost Calculators
- Top Chord Length Calculator
- Cost Per Unit Calculator
- Cost Per Square Foot Calculator
Trusses Cost Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the total Trusses Cost.
TTC = #T * CPT + LC*H
- Where TTC is the total trusses cost ($)
- #T is the number of trusses
- CPT is the cost per truss ($/truss)
- LC is the labor cost per hour ($/hour)
- H is the total number of hours needed (hours)
What is the Average Cost of a Truss?
The average cost of a truss will depend on the size, style, and material used. The average cost can range anywhere from $1.5 per square foot to $6 per square foot. There are many different materials to use when installing a new roof truss system in your home.
How to Calculate Trusses Cost?
The following example outlines the steps and information needed to calculate Trusses Cost.
- First, determine the number of trusses needed for the job. In this example, 20 trusses are needed.
- Next, determine the cost per trust. The cost per trust in this case it found to be $400/truss.
- Next, determine the labor cost per hour used to install the trusses. For this problem, the labor cost is $50/hour.
- Next, determine the number of hours needed to complete the job. This is estimated to be 20 hours.
- Finally, calculate the total cost using the formula above:
- TTC = #T * CPT + LC*H
- TTC = 20*40+50*20
- TTC = $1,800.00.