Enter the total weight of the turkey (lbs) into the Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Turkey Defrost Time.
- Turkey Calculator (Cook Time/Defrost Time/+ More)
- Turkey Cost Per Pound Calculator
- Cost Per Egg Calculator
- Turkey Deep Fry Time Calculator
Turkey Defrost Time Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Turkey Defrost Time.
TDT = W * 5.25
- TDT is the Turkey Defrost Time (hours)
- W is the total weight of the turkey (lbs)
To calculate Turkey Defrost Time, multiply the total turkey weight in pounds by 5.25. This results in the defrost time in hours.
How to Calculate Turkey Defrost Time?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Turkey Defrost Time.
- First, determine the total weight of the turkey (lbs).
- Next, gather the formula from above = TDT = W * 5.25.
- Finally, calculate the Turkey Defrost Time.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
total weight of the turkey (lbs) = 5
TDT = W * 5.25 = ?