Enter the base rent ($) and the gross turnover ($) into the calculator to determine the Turnover Rent.
Turnover Rent Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Turnover Rent.
Rt = BR + (.10*GT-BR)
- Where Rt is the Turnover Rent ($)
- BR is the base rent ($)
- GT is the gross turnover ($)
To calculate the turnover rent, subtract the base rent from the gross turnover, multiply the result by .10, then add this result to the base rent.
How to Calculate Turnover Rent?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Turnover Rent.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the base rent ($). In this example, the base rent ($) is given as 1000.
- Next, determine the gross turnover ($). For this problem, the gross turnover ($) is given as 30000.
- Finally, calculate the Turnover Rent using the equation above:
Rt = BR + (10*GT-BR)
The values given above are inserted into the equation below:
Rt = 1000 + (.10*30,000-1000) = 3000 ($)
Example Problem #2:
The variables needed for this problem are provided below:
base rent ($) = 7000
gross turnover ($) = 150000
Entering these values and solving gives:
Rt = 7000+ (.10*150000-7000) = 15,000 ($)