Enter the inches of travel (in) and the number of rotations into the Twist Rate Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Twist Rate.
Twist Rate Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Twist Rate.
TW = D / R
- Where TW is the Twist Rate (inches/rotation)
- D is the inches of travel (in)
- R is the number of rotations
How to Calculate Twist Rate?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Twist Rate.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the inches of travel (in).
- The inches of travel (in) is given as: 30.
- Next, determine the number of rotations.
- The number of rotations is provided as: 3.
- Finally, calculate the Twist Rate using the equation above:
TW = D / R
The values provided above are inserted into the equation below and computed.
TW = 30 / 3 = 10 (inches/rotation)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
inches of travel (in) = 60
number of rotations = 4
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator..
TW = D / R = ?