Enter the uncertainty in momentum and the mass into the calculator to determine the uncertainty velocity.
- All Velocity Calculators
- Velocity Calculator
- Momentum to Force Calculator
- Conservation of Momentum Calculator (Final Velocity)
- Acceleration to Velocity Calculator
- Momentum to Velocity Calculator
Uncertainty Velocity Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the Uncertainty Velocity.
UV = UP / m
- Where where UV is the uncertainty velocity (m/s)
- UP is the uncertainty in momentum (kg*m/s)
- m is the mass (kg)
To calculate the uncertainty velocity, divide the uncertainty in momentum by the mass.
What is an Uncertainty Velocity?
An uncertainty velocity is a measure of the total uncertainty in a velocity measurement.
How to Calculate Uncertainty Velocity?
The following example outlines the steps and information needed to calculate Uncertainty Velocity.
First, determine the uncertainty in momentum. In this example, the uncertainty in momentum is found to be 50 kg*m/s.
Next, determine the mass. For this problem, the mass is found to be 20kg.
Finally, calculate the Uncertainty Velocity using the formula above:
UV = UP / m
UV = 50/20
UV = 2.5 m/s