Enter the gap size (arc min) into the Visual Acuity Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Visual Acuity.
Visual Acuity Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Visual Acuity.
VA = 1 / GS
- VA is the Visual Acuity ( )
- GS is the gap size (arc min)
To calculate the visual acuity, divide 1 by the gap size.
How to Calculate Visual Acuity?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Visual Acuity.
- First, determine the gap size (arc min).
- Next, gather the formula from above = VA = 1 / GS.
- Finally, calculate the Visual Acuity.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
gap size (arc min) = 3
VA = 1 / GS = ?