Enter the volume (m^3) and the density (kg/m^3) into the Mass From Volume Calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the mass.
Mass From Volume Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Mass From Volume.
M = V * D
- Where M is the Mass From Volume (kg)
- V is the volume (m^3)
- D is the density (kg/m^3)
How to Calculate Mass From Volume?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Mass From Volume.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the volume (m^3).
- The volume (m^3) is given as: 40.
- Next, determine the density (kg/m^3).
- The density (kg/m^3) is provided as: 10.
- Finally, calculate the Mass From Volume using the equation above:
M = V * D
The values given above are inserted into the equation below and the solution is calculated:
M = 40 * 10 = 400 (kg)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables needed are provided below:
volume (m^3) = 67
density (kg/m^3) = 85
This example problem is a test of your knowledge on the subject. Use the calculator above to check your answer.
M = V * D = ?